ABI2010 – ABIOSH International Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety Management ©
The ABIOSH International Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety Management has been developed to provide a qualification based on standards of Managing Health and Safety in the International world of Health and Safety.
To manage health and safety is a priority of all Governments in the modern world. Many health and safety practitioners are crossing over many borders to apply Health and Safety standards in various countries. Health and safety standards applied by OSHA, HSWA, European Directives, Work Safe OHSR and Law of the People’s Republic of China Work Safety, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria are some of the standards that are being implemented multi-culturally.
The qualification is designed to award individuals a level of competence to manage health and Safety in the workplace and is a modern one based on the general requirements to manage Health and Safety in the current global climate. Students will need to be able to mentally cross borders of each countries legislation but have the knowledge and management principle to manage Health and Safety standards. With a flexible and diverse workforce that needs to manage health and Safety across the globe this qualification has been structured to provide a truly International award.
Students will be able to gain a depth of knowledge in health and Safety Legislation, recognise International regulations and apply the standards in various occupations. A flexible and diverse workforce needs to manage Health and Safety across the globe and this qualification has been structured to meet these requirements.
Part one of this qualification includes Health and Safety management systems. Safety culture, Risk/Hazards the Management of change, Human factors and Accident investigation
Part two is the Management of International Industrial Hazards which covers the elements of fire, electric, noise, manual and chemical hazards.
Part 3 is an evidence-based report that includes research.
ABI2010 – ABIOSH INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT
Management of International Safety & Health
Part 1 Managing Safety
Principle 1 The World of Occupational Health & Safety
Principle 2 Management of Safety & Health
Managing Systems 18001 45001 HSG65
Managing Safety Culture
Managing Hazards and Risks
Managing Human Factors and Behavior
Managing Accidents and Incidents
Managing Safety & Health Performance
Principle 3 InternationalLaw
Principle 4 Professional Ethics
Principle 5 Continuous professional development
Part two Common Hazard
Principle 1 The Management of Fire
Principle 2 Principles of Manual Handling
Principle 3 Working at Height
Principle 4 Work Equipment
Principle 5 Electrical
Principle 6 Transport and Logistics
Principle 7 General Occupational Health
Throughout the course students are allowed access to the internet
In part two students will be asked to describe their knowledge and understanding of the legislation and necessary control of hazard in the work place they will be allowed to select three elements from part two and describe the control measure necessary with a two-hour time scale for all three subjects. The description should include the current legislation and the methods of control for each selected element For example there are several standards available for Electricity and Personnel Protective Clothing, Permit to work systems and confined space
Providers will also be allowed to select assessment by Examination or e portfolio
Students will submit a evidenced based report that includes research and contain at least 1000 words. It will be based on a practical assessment and include research it must be work related Once the project is complete it must be forward to ABIOSH within 14 days of the last exam declaration. This practical must include a cover sheet stating that it is the students own work and signed by the instructor
Possible causes of workplace fatalities, serious harm and work-related disease
Additional assessment Part 3 Students will undertake a research project on a recent Safety & Health issue
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS Part 1
Together with the normal type questions
Identify and analyse the structure of developed under Health and Safe PAnalysis and methodology in developed standards
- Assess the importance of compliance within Health and Safety functions ?
- What impact does compliance have within the Safety and Health function?
- Does perfect compliance equate to an exceptional safety program WHY OR WHY NOT
- Analyse and assess the concept of value-based leadership
- Assess the principles of value-based leadership
- What are the leadership qualities and principles within Health and Safety function?
- What are the benefits of empowering employees in Health and Safety
- Methodologies through which empowerment of employees in Health and Safety
- What is the impact of hiring contractors on the Health and Safety process
- What is the impact of disciplinary action on employees
- How do accidents happen
- What is the component aspects of worker compensation schemes
- What is your understanding of the need to keep records and report accidents and incidents
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of Worker Compensation schemes
- What is a recordable injury or illness
- What is the cost of an accident
- What are the benefits to an organisation to comply with Legislation and maintain standards
- What methods would energise employees in the workplace within the Health and Safety function